Sunday, January 13, 2008

Strange and beautiful

Been staring at the blank screen, not knowing what to write for the last weeks.

Work has been busy, changes within the organisation, within the team too. Not sure how it'll work out.

Catching up with friends (including a hilarious date with a fine lady), some weddings to come, cha-cha and rhumba lessons, MBTIc-ing, besides preparing for the impending secondment to Hong Kong and trying to arrange the trip to Hawaii after.

'Tis a full plate of activities, but there's a certain weariness that does not go away. Feels like I'm operating on remote.

Feels like the new year never really came, sometimes.


absolution


the quiet sea breaks.
on iced shores of fragile bones,
unfinished nights weep.

dry-eyed, the day stares
at empty faces, places.
reasons fade to gray.

spring brings with cupped hands,
atonement, absolution
or just. forgetting.

Jan 2008

4 comments:

Justin said...

I feel the same way. It feels as if Christmas and the new year never arrived. I have to constantly remind myself that its not 2007 anymore.

On January 2nd, I just went throught the motions.

Miss.E. said...

Jan 2?

My brain registers it as 2008. As of last Dec I was writing 2008 down a month early. Perhaps I was hoping subconsciously for some kind of change and 2008 seemed it.

But not now somehow. So tired but have things on. Feeling sick.

RIO said...

2007 expects us to usher her packed bags out of the house for her. Pooh! I'm no cosmic bellhop!

Miss.E. said...

*laughs* thanks Rio, I needed that kick.